The Butler County Jail is located in Hamilton, Ohio at 705 Hanover Street 45011. The jail staff can be reached by calling (513) 785-1033.If you are looking to post bail for an inmate at Butler County Jail call (513) 657-1535.
About Butler County Jail
The Butler County Jail is a high-security prison. Construction of the facility started in 2000 though the first inmate was not placed in the jail until 2002. According to statistics provided by 2010 reports, the jail had a total of 13,973 inmates. About 14,013 inmates, however, had been released. The total number of correctional employees stood at 106. The jail provides a Court street Jail Facility. The average daily population of inmates in the jail stood at 920 inmates for 2010.
Facilities for inmates
The jail provides for a plethora of recreation activities for inmates who are physically fit and whose stay will exceed 120 hours. Some of such activities are:
1) Television watching
2) Participating in table and board game likes cards, checkers, dominos etc.
3) Muscle activities including exercising.
4) Any sort of gamble or make wagers in any game is strictly prohibited.
5) Recreation time is allowed on a daily basis and a minimum of 5 hours per week of recreation is guaranteed.
1) Inmates are not allowed to keep or posses any cash on them while being lodged in the jail.
2) Their money is managed by jail authorities.
3) The jail has inmate accounts where the funds are deposited and given back during release.
4) Money orders for inmates are transferred directly into inmate accounts.
5) The jail accepts only US money orders and certified bank cheques.
The jail allows the inmates to communicate with the outer world via postal mail. Incoming mail is checked and scanned. Mail from attorneys or lawyers are opened in front of the inmates.
Inmates are permitted to use telephones between 8:00 am in the morning to 10:30 pm. Phone services are suspended during meal hours.
The visitors have to be registered on the jail visitation list. They have to come with photo id and proof of age. Those visitors who are below 18 years do not need to be registered but have to be accompanied by an adult.
Source: U.S. Census Bureau
Butler has a total population of 363,184. The population has increased by 30,479 (9%) from 2000 through 2009. The population density is 777.2 and covers 467 square miles.
BailBondPolicy.com does not endorse any bail bond companies listed below. These are listed for informational purposes only.
Residents of Butler experienced 2,366 crimes in 2011. The #1 lawless act was arson with 4 circumstances. The #2 infraction was theft with 689 reports. The #3 lawless act was vehicle theft with 2 occurrences. The #4 crime was burglary with 314 reports. The #5 crime was property crime with 1,005 reports. The #6 unlawful act was assault with 165 occurrences. The #7 crime was robbery with 4 circumstances. The #8 violation was rape with 6 occurrences. The #9 infraction was murder with 1 circumstances. The #10 lawless act was violent crime with 176 violations.